Economics Assignment Help Samples
You can download the solution to the following question for free.
For further assistance in Economics Assignment help, please check our offerings in Sociology assignment solutions. Our subject-matter-experts provide online assignment help to finance students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(AssignmentEssayHelp do not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
- Provide a descriptive analysis of the two variables (e.g., mean, standard deviation, minimum and maximum) – 2 marks
- Develop a scatter diagram with retention rate as the independent variable. What does the scatter diagram indicate about the relationship between the two variables? – 3 marks
- Develop and estimate a regression equation that can be used to predict the graduation rate (%) given the retention rate (%) – 2 marks
- State the estimated regression equation and interpret the meaning of the slope coefficient – 2 marks
- Is there a statistically significant association between graduation rate (%) and retention rate (%). What is your conclusion? – 2 marks
- Did the regression equation provide a good fit? Explain – 3 marks
- Suppose you were the president of South University. After reviewing the results, would you have any concerns about the performance of your university compared to other online universities? – 3 marks
- Suppose you were the president of the University of Phoenix. After reviewing the results, would you have any concerns about the performance of your university compared to other online universities? – 3 marks
Economics Assignment Solution
The following are the objectives of this study:
- To perform a univariate analysis of variables such as retention rate and graduation rate.
- To study the relationship between retention rate and graduation rate and predict the graduation rate using the retention rate.
- Understand if the South University’s performance and University of Phoenix’s performance are worrisome and recommend steps to improve the performance.
Recently, the increase of online universities has been a great challenge in the higher education industry. Online Education Database is a self-reliant organization whose objective is to develop an extensive list of authorized online colleges. The OnlineEdu.xlsx consists of data to be used for this study. Using this data, the relationship between the retention rate and the graduation rate was analyzed.
For this study, data was taken from the 29 universities. The variables used for this study was the graduation rate (dependent variable) and retention rate (independent variable). In this study, a quantitative research approach was implemented. In order to analyze the data, both univariate and bivariate was implemented. Descriptive statistics were implemented to summarize the data such as retention rate and graduation rate in terms of mean, standard deviation, minimum, maximum, etc. present in the data set (Lisa, 2008). Regression analysis was implemented to determine the impact of retention rate (explanatory variable) on graduation rate (estimated variable). Scatter diagram was used to explore the association between graduation rate (dependent variable) and retention rate (independent variable).
(Some parts of the solution has been blurred due to privacy protection policy)