You can download the sample Information Technology essay on with the following question for free at the end of this page. For further assistance in Information Technology Assignment help, please check our offerings in Information Technology assignment solutions. Our subject-matter experts provide online assignment help to Information Technology students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(AssignmentEssayHelp does not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
Information Technology Assignment Question
Complete an essay discussing ethical theories and their relevance to the ICT industry. In the essay, consider ‘rights’ vs ‘virtue’, ‘relativist’ vs ‘objectivist’ and ‘consequentialist’ vs ’deontology’ and how they relate to professional codes of ethics and practice (eg. ACS, ACM, or IEEE Computing). You should make sure to discuss how they would assist with resolving an ethical question.
Information Technology Assignment Answer
Regulatory bodies are necessary to enhance quality and regularize the doings. Australian Computer Society (ACS) (Australian computer society 1960) (Burmeister & K 2000), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 2006) and Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) (Anderson 1992) are some of the regulatory bodies aiming to regulate professionalism. These regulatory bodies design to enhance standards. The system is formed considering building some existing standards. The foremost essentials include abiding the code of ethics (Harris et al. 2011) formulated. These bodies are established to regulate professional conduct among stakeholders. The approach is made part of the social regulations. The system is made relevant to professional standard legislation. Any violation of the stated code of conduct is dealt with seriously. Disciplinary action is taken to bring in better standards to the system. The guidelines documented apply to all the related stakeholders working for information and communications technology (ICT).
2. Code of conduct
2.1. Rights – The system is aiding in improving the confidence of the public in ICT (Walsham 2012) (Eden, Jirotka & Stahl 2013) industry. The system provides a set of rules suggesting appropriate measures. The rights and dignity of the individual are protected.
- The system provides authority to identify the potentials of the work environment. Their interest is taken into consideration. Any conflicts can be resolved to reflect the precedence.
- The respective personnel is permitted to identify the disabilities and aid in enhancing the quality of the associated population.
- The respective officials are permitted to take their decisions (Moores & Chang 2006). They are to make the choices by mapping the requirements to the needs of the stakeholders.
- An objective knowledgeable attitude is to be taken up to complement the enthusiasm in professional work. Appropriate action to be taken against the contrary behavior. An attempt is done to minimize diversity in the workplace.
- The opportunities related to employment are skill dependent. The related Officials are to meet the obligations. Influencing an official to take any action is considered a violation………………………